A day in the life...

Nothing fancy, just a smattering of my thoughts and adventures here in the last frontier.

Tuesday, September 30

Kennicot Mine - August 08















The weekend before my wedding I took trip to Kennicott Mine with my mom, sister Sarah and friends Curt and Andrea and their son Cole. It was a long drive but we survived the rain, flat tire and had a great time. Along the way we stopped at Independence Mine in Hatcher's Pass.














Cole is enjoying some freedom from the car seat in Chitna before we started the 60mile long dirt and very bumpy road to McCarthy. At mile 36 we got a flat...not fun but with some help from a passerbyer we got the spare on and made it to McCarthy!














We learned that this trestle bridge had a catwalk under it so we stopped and played for awhile. It was 300 ft above the river so it was a little nerve wracking for me to walk on it. Sarah had no problem and was actually running and jumping. Crazy girl. Mom ever the adventourous one even got up on it!





Kennicott Mine is about 3miles from the town of McCarthy and is an old Copper Mine. It's well preserved and the scenary is breathtaking. We took the mine tour and I decided I wouldn't have made it in the working conditions!!! I'm such a wimp. I need heating and would have died in the
cold temperatures!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home