A day in the life...

Nothing fancy, just a smattering of my thoughts and adventures here in the last frontier.

Tuesday, January 6

Moose hunting

Last summer I got to go moose hunting with Storman and his dad in Port Graham. They didn't want to be found that day, too bad as they are tasty and it would have been a cool experience. Hunting requires a lot of patience and I'm not sure I have enough of it =) and of course I got cold...big surprise there!!! It was fun listening to Storman and his Dad try to call in the moose. Storman's Dad used a coffee can with a string in it and Storman use'd the shoulder blades to imitate a moose rustling and banging in the trees. Here Storman is imitating a happy moose and then a slightly agitated moose.



It's amazing how many trees and shadows look like animals!! I found tons of tree moose!




I think this tree was a porcupines snack. I did not see the perpatrator and I recently found out that they are quite tasty!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home